Wednesday, October 2, 2013

There's Only One October

Since today is October 1st, that means the MLB Postseason is starting. Last night, the play-in game between the Tampa Bay Rays and Texas Rangers finished a 5-2 Tampa Bay coming out on top.
So, for the Wild Card match ups, we have:

National League:
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh

Tomorrow, the American League:

Tampa Bay @ Cleveland


After the Wild Card match ups, the Division Series start.

NL Wild Card V.S. St. Louis

LA Dodgers V.S. Atlanta

American League Division Series.

AL Wild Card V.S. Boston

Detroit V.S. Oakland
 
These teams are all very good and consist of many good players. Therefore, this should be an exciting postseason.

I think the Reds are going to beat the Pirates in the NL Wild Card game tonight. They have been good most of the year, aside from some injuries. Anyway, the Reds look like the better team and I see them facing the Cardinals in the NLDS.
For the AL Wild Card, I think the Indians are going to overcome the Rays. They Rays and Rangers play-in game resulted in the Rays winning, but the Indians had already clinched one of the Wild Card spots. So, I think the Indians will face the Red Sox in the ALDS.

For the NLDS series, I think they will be close, potentially game 6 or 7 close. However, I think the Dodgers and Cardinals will make it to the NLCS. The Dodgers have the best Pitching Rotation in the MLB, so I don't think they will be stopped easily.
For the ALDS series, I think the Red Sox will beat either Wild Card Winner. They have the best lineup in the MLB by far. As for the other ALDS series, I think Detroit will beat Oakland in a long series. Both teams are very good, but I think Detroit will be able pull it off.

Projected NLCS matchup: Dodgers v.s. Cardinals
Projected ALCS matchup: Red Sox v.s. Tigers

These matchups will most likely be even closer than the division series. NL: I think the Dodgers and their pitching will once again get them the victory in this series. AL: The Red Sox's offense has been great lately and they will be looking to continue to excel in that category.

Projected World Series: Red Sox v.s. Dodgers

This will be a fight. The Dodgers's pitching v.s. the Red Sox's hitting.
Who knows what will happen?
No one.

As close as it will be, I think the Red Sox will pull it off. They don't have the best record in the MLB for no reason. Clearly they are a superb team, and that's why I think the Red Sox will be taking home rings this October.


No comments:

Post a Comment